Current Irrigation and Lawn
Watering Restrictions For
Unincorporated Sarasota County Areas
Even though the Southwest Florida Water Management District has lifted
restrictions, they remain in place for Sarasota County by vote of the
County Commission effective as of January 16, 2007
Even addresses (house numbers ending with 0, 2, 4, 6 or 8)
may water only on Tuesdays.
• Odd addresses (house numbers ending with 1, 3, 5, 7 or 9)
may water only Thursdays.
• Common areas with no address, such as median or roadside
plantings, clubhouse or recreation areas may be irrigated
only on Tuesday.
• The maximum amount of water applied is limited to
three-quarters of an inch in each irrigation zone, once,
on each allowable watering day.
• Property under 2 acres can water before 8:00 a.m. and
after 6:00 p.m.
• Property over 2 acres can water before 10:00 a.m. and
after 4:00 p.m.
• Flower beds, vegetable gardens and other non-lawn areas
may be irrigated as needed using a hand-watering device with
a shut-off nozzle. These areas may also be watered using
micro-irrigation and other forms of horticulture
appropriate, low-volume irrigation, on any day of the week.
• Newly planted lawn and landscape areas may be watered any
day of the week for a 60-day establishment period that
begins the day that the plant material is installed. New
plantings must be at least 50% of planted area. However, no
irrigation is permitted between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
• Car washing is limited to once per week; however,
fundraiser events are still allowed.
|More details on
watering and restrictions in other Florida counties from the Southwest
Florida Water Management District.
Call 800-848-0499 for more information on restrictions outside of
Sarasota County in the
Southwest Florida Water Management District.
Call 800-423-1476 to report violations.
for Saving Water from SWFWMD
• Landscape Design for Water Conservation
• Landscaping for Energy Savings